Friday, December 16, 2011

Food allergy interview - Today Tonight

What a way to finish off this year - it's been just a year since I started on this blogging adventure and out of the blue, I received an email from a TV program here in Australia asking for an interview. Excited only describes one part of how I felt... there was also fear, anticipation and the realisation that my house needed urgent tidying!


I must say that we were delighted with the final product - we had been told that the program was about food allergies in children, but we had no expectation that our gorgeous boy would feature in such a major way. Especially since our interview was done just the day before the program went to air. I must also say a big Thank You to Jackie the interviewer and her crew for their patience during the interview and also their generosity in terms of putting the best of our son out there for all to see. They really are quite clever!

For those of us who live with food anaphylaxis, this program doesn't really bring any huge revelations. But for the general public, I think when more air time is given to this issue, it helps those of us who live with it day in and day out.

I feel I should add that when they say I believe genetics are to blame it sounds a bit depressing. The basis of the comment is that I don't believe our son's allergies are due to being too clean or a result of what I did or did not eat during pregnancy, or a result of not introducing certain foods early enough. The idea of distance from the equator was interesting - I've never heard of that before. Also, the idea that perhaps our immunisations and use of antibiotics could also contribute, was interesting. From our personal history, I probably ate way too many antibiotics as a child, while my husband probably never had any medication until his teens... so we're from quite different medical histories... I don't think it's conclusive.

From a parent's point of view - which parent wouldn't be glowing with pride and telling every living person about this interview! What a star of a boy :-)

4 comments:

  1. We saw you guys on there and was wondering if it was you. well done need to get more info out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement... unfortunately they've removed the video from the link now, so I'll have to see whether I can upload it here myself.

      Delete
  2. Right away this website will probably unquestionably usually become well known with regards to most of website customers, as a result of meticulous accounts and in addition tests. Urinary Tract System

    ReplyDelete
  3. UP Board 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th Question Paper 2023, We are Providing here the High School of All Subjects in Pdf format. These UPMSP 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th Model Paper 2023 Represent the Design of Question paper Senior Experts Only Students Followed in the Upcoming UP Board Exam 2023, UP Board 8th Model Paper Students must Analyse the UP Board 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th Last Year Blueprint 2023 Understand Preparations according to the Same and obtain pass marks in Final Exam 2023.

    ReplyDelete