Tuesday, June 7, 2011

All things work together???

"All things work together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His will." Romans 8:28

Can I believe this? My last post was full of questions, lots of uncertainties, lots of fears. The one thing I have concluded is that we will not be enrolling our son into the school where I work. My husband thinks I'm getting a little over distraught over these things - perhaps I am. A week after writing the post, I'm thinking that perhaps somehow, me hearing all these horror stories, combined with buying that book which has brought up more things to worry about (thanks!)... maybe the timing of it all works out well?

I've been thinking about enrolling our son into my school which is an independant, relatively low-fee paying school. Staff get a discount, so it makes sense. There's the whole question of public vs private, but when you add up all those years of schooling, it certainly adds up! I've been a long time advocate of not wanting to simply work to pay for kids' school fees since I'm not convinced it's worth it ;-) But that's just me.

Anyway, the culmination of all the doom and gloom is that it's basically shut the door on the option of schooling where I work. And, when it comes to making a choice, a closed door is as useful as an open door.

I can remember times in my past where things I had cherished seemed to all fall away all at once. It was devastating at the time, but in hindsight I could see that new doors opened later down the track, that I would not have chosen had my heart still been tied to old ways or old things (or old people!). So I do believe the Bible when it says ALL THINGS work together... it's hard to see sometimes, hard to understand, and harder to appreciate. But I think there is truth in it.

Haha, stay tuned for how this situation pans out in the not too distant future!

I'd actually be very interested to hear your thoughts - on schooling, on closed doors and all things :-)

1 comment: